Upcoming Educator Events
Orientations are free, two hour workshops that introduce teachers to Arizona Science Center's philosophy and approach to field trips. Teachers also earn professional development hours. Orientations cover the following:
- Preparing students for a field trip
- Preparing chaperones for a field trip
- Learning about pre- and post-visit activities including discussions and investigations
- Developing a plan for your visit
Click here to register for our free teacher orientation.
Early Childhood STEM Playshops
Join us for FREE, 2-hour workshops that engage early childhood educators in engineering experiences for young children! Participants will receive a special Take-Out Science kit with activities and a certificate for 2 hours of professional development. These experiences offer opportunities to:
- Play with unique materials and activities that can be offered in the classroom
- Learn how children develop scientific thinking through engineering play and make connections to real-world problems
- Practice instructional strategies to engage and extend children in block play, artistic expression, and higher level thinking and build meaningful relationships
This event is for adults only. Registration is full. Please check back soon for upcoming early childhood events!
Offered for free thanks to a grant from Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust.