Coming Soon: "Sesame Street Presents: The Body"Get to know what’s under your skin at "Sesame Street Presents: The Body," an amazing new educational attraction featuring Elmo, Oscar, Grover and the rest of your Sesame Street friends. This interactive exhibition teaches children how their bodies work and how to keep them healthy as they hop, jump, run and dance their way through this hands-on Sesame Street adventure.
This exhibition was created and produced by Sesame Workshop and Thinkwell Group, Inc., is sponsored locally by JP Morgan Chase and Orkin Pest Control, and is located in the Sybil B. Harrington Galleries.
Join us for these upcoming activities and events!
Memorial Day through Labor Day 2013Blue Star Museum Program at Arizona Science Center
Arizona Science Center proudly participates in the Blue Star Museum Program offering free admission to military families from Memorial Day through Labor Day, 2013.
Da Vinci Scholar Series
Every Wednesday night in May from 5:30-9 p.m.
$12 includes lecture and entrance into our featured exhibition "Da Vinci - The Genius"
Exploration of "Da Vinci - The Genius" from 5:30-7 p.m.
Lecture begins at 7 p.m.
Arizona Science Center and Arizona State University’s Center for Medieval & Renaissance Studies come together to explore the world during the time of Leonardo da Vinci. This four-week scholar series covers topics of interest surrounding the discoveries, interests and habits of one of the most genius men of all time.
- May 22: Alchemy and Chemistry in the Time of Da Vinci with Dr. Kirstin Hendrickson
- May 29: Renaissance Theories and Feats of Engineering with Dr. Brad Allenby
Afternoon Invertebrates Kids Talk
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Learn about bugs from the guy they call the "bugman" himself, during this kids friendly discussion! Join Arizona Science Center and Arizona State Parks for this 20-minute talk in the Daniel Cracchiolo Demonstration Theater. This kid-friendly discussion will feature some introductory information and time for Q&A from the audience. Free with general admission!
Memorial Day at Arizona Science Center
May 27, 2013
FREE with General Admission
Special IMAX deal: All IMAX shows are $5 for non-members and $3 for members. Also, when you buy a tickets to "Legends of Flight 3D," you get a free straw rocket kit!
- Catapults in Heritage Square! Take your best shot with our water balloon catapults at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. in Heritage and Science Square
- Bubblefest! Make your own bubble wand and create some bubble fun from noon-2p.m. on Canyon Terrace on Level 3
- Pathways lab! Usually we reserve our exclusive Pathways labs for the weekends, but on Memorial Day only, you'll get a chance to take part in this free lab at 1:30 p.m.
Celebrate National Yoyo Day at Arizona Science Center!
Thursday, June 6
2-5 p.m. .
Join Arizona Science Center and Yoyo Expert Julius from All Yoyo as we celebrate National Yoyo Day with demonstrations by Julius and his students and many hands-on activities!
Science on the Rocks
Thursday, June 6
Experience unique signature cocktails, delectable food, and interactive, entertaining activities while learning the science behind mixology during this 21-years-old and over event at Arizona Science Center on June 6.
This $50 ticket offers you entrance into this exclusive event offering a DJ and dance floor, appetizers and hors d'oeuvres, a silent auction with music, sports and entertainment memorabilia, two mixology lectures (limited seating), two drink tickets, hands-on activities, and access into Arizona Science Center's featured exhibition "Da Vinci - The Genius" as well as four floors of hands-on fun! Mark your calendars for this deliciously-fun event!
Buy Your Ticket Now!
June Adults' Night Out!
Medical ethics 101; Asking the hard questions
June 7, 2013, 5:30-9 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m. Doors open.
- 7 p.m. Lecture: “Medical ethics 101; Asking the hard questions" This is FREE and seating is first-come, first-served.
Speaker: Dr. H. Beyda, MD, Professor of Pediatrics; Director, Ethics and Humanism at the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix.
“Medical ethics 101; Asking the hard questions" is a lecture that will give attendees a behind the scenes view of how physicians deal with sensitive ethical issues in the medical world.
- 8:15 p.m. Ticketed film screening: "Black Holes" in the Dorrance Planetarium
Share this event with your friends on Facebook and be entered to win a free pass to the planetarium show, "Black Holes" that night!
Skip the line to get in by pre-registering for Adults' Night Out. Simply fill out the pre-registration online, print your at-home "ticket" and bring it with you! It's that simple...
World Oceans Day
Saturday, June 8
FREE with General Admission
Although we may be over 200 hundred miles away from the closet ocean, we know how important it is to all of us! Celebrate World Oceans Day with us and learn what the ocean means to you!
Harkins HAM Shack Field Day
Saturday June 22
Discounted General Admission
What should you do when disaster strikes Arizona? What happens when we lose the capability to communicate with others? Find out so you can be prepared!
*A $2 discount for General Admission is given to those who present a valid HAM Shack Operating License.
Body Depot Workshops
Every Saturday & Sunday
|Weekend 1||Weekend 2|
|Monster Manual||Sat. 11:30 a.m.||Sun. 11:30 a.m.|
|Venom!||Sun. 11:30 a.m.||Sat. 11:30 a.m.|
|Busy Bones||Sat. 1:30 p.m.||Sun. 1:30 p.m.|
|Nano Latch ‘n’ Catch||Sun. 1:30 p.m.||Sat. 1:30 p.m.|
- Monster Manual Participants get a chance to decode the patterns in life's instruction manual as they create colorful monsters.
- Venom! Participants learn the critical nature of protein folding as they build molecular models based on the Deathstalker scorpion's toxin!
- Busy Bones In this hands-on dissection workshop, participants will gain an appreciation and understanding of the complexity of bones and the human body!
- Nano Latch ‘n’ Catch Participants identify key features that distinguish between cell types and then create specialized nanoparticles that seek and destroy diseases.
FREE with general admission. Learn more about this program here.
FREE General Admission for Seniors
First Tuesday of every month
Arizona Science Center is proud to offer FREE Senior admission on the first Tuesday of every month!
It's all happening at Arizona Science Center! For more information call our Reservations line at 602-716-2000 ext: 226. This offer is for persons 62+ only. Please bring your drivers license, passport or identification card with you day of.
Parking: Click here for directions and parking information